Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Momma I made it!"

Photo: Joe Murphy/ NBAE/ Getty Images
I have refrained from sports rants for quite a while but this one is just too good to pass up.
First I would like to pass my condolences to some crazy Laker fans in my family. I know this meant a lot to you but those punks deserve to loose. I would also like to congratulate myself for making brilliant picks--I had predicted it was going to be a Laker-Celtics final and I was criticized for that... and lookey here I was right! I also predicted Celtics in game 6...and once again I was right! So big ups to all my haters!

Anyway... I made a few comments during half time saying that Boston will lead by 50 points. I knew it was a long shot but not so far from the 39 they lead by. Now I thought this was the NBA Finals... I would think the Lakers would play like it was the NBA finals, like it was a must win game. That was just appaling... OH THE HORROR!!! Where was the defense? You should know by now NEVER LEAVE RAY ALLEN ALONE BY THE 3-POINT LINE! Have you no idea how potent he is from that range? Sasha, Sasha, Sasha. WTF SASHA! I get it the first two times you do that... but he did it like what times in a row? And you just let him go?
I must say, deciding not to guard Rondo worked out tremendously for you. So did underestimating his quickness. I mean it was steal, after steal, after steal. Not to mention the number of offensive rebounds the dude got.

In short, they deserved it. I rarely feel anything when I watch games of teams I don't support but when Michelle Tafoya (I'll get into her in another post) attempted to get something out of Kevin and all he could muster was "Momma I made it! I made it Ma!" my heart melted. Once more, when he embraced Bill Russell and said "I got my own," nothing but respect came from me.

So congratulations to all the Boston fans...
Which brings me to my next point. Where have all these fans popped up from? I mean I'm not even gonna pretend like I care about the Celtics because I don't. The truth is there are fans... and there are "fans." So I'm talking about "fans." I know that many of my friends have become "fans" over the course of this season... mostly toward the end when they realized that Boston actually have something. Die hard Mavericks fans disbanded as soon as the disastrous trade that basically ended their season unfolded. Many of them are now die hard Celtics "fans." Again, I won't pretend like I give a rat's behind about the NBA... because really I only start watching during the playoffs. Even then I couldn't care less. Back to the "fans" who hoot and holler like they have been a part of the team's history since they were in diapers. The same people that bet against said team, poked fun at said team, and probably can't name last season's starting lineup. I guess when you see a good thing, go for it. Let's just see how long those "fans" will stick around.

So all Boston fans (permanent and temporary): Eat, be merry, bask in the glory of the luck o' the Irish... yes I went there.

On a side note: I (as well as the entire Somali community in the US of A) truly believe that KG descended from our people... or the Sudanese... but I don't want to give him away to them just yet.
I will pay for any therapy needed for A-rod and Uncle Sam (by I will pay, I mean my mother will pay). Judging from the madness spewing out of his mouth, Samatar is clearly meshugga and will need personal sessions.

No comments: