Friday, June 20, 2008

Let dreams be dreams.

Photo Location: Masai Mara National Reserve

Last night I had the most disturbing dream to date. I usually don't talk about my bad dreams but this one was especially traumatic. If you don't already know, I can recollect almost every one of my dreams with perfect detail. I attribute the lovely fact that my dreams usually flow like some kind of movie...
It seemed like it was going to be the best dream ever. We were in the perfect location, the Masai Mara, and I had just spotted the illusive leopard. I've never seen one in the wild... not that I can remember anyway so this was beyond exciting. For some reason, we were on top of a tree (don't ask) and our van was at the bottom. Our tour guide was no where to be found and we were not phased by this. So my mother, some unidentified person, and I were on top of this gorgeous tree overlooking a breathtaking savannah during sunset. It all seemed perfect until we realized that it was sunset... in the wild... where the same creatures we were admiring minutes before were the ones doing the admiring. Who could blame them, three healthy women all alone in the wild sound very appetizing indeed. Remember that leopard I mentioned earlier? Well if you don't already know, leopards fancy keeping their kill above ground in a tree. And here were three brilliant entrées that have delivered themselves to its dinner table of choice. We decided to stay in the tree instead of running to the van... why? I don't know. Maybe it was the hyenas that convinced us.
You can imagine what happened after that. I lived and so did the unidentified person... the leopard wasn't so lucky (yea boy! I killed that ho!). My mother was in serious condition. My brother came looking for us with our tour guide (bastard!) at dawn which makes me wonder where he was in all this anyway?
Needless to say, it wasn't a very happy ending.

No comments: