Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blankest Year

Soundtrack of the day:
"Blankest Year"- Nada Surf
"My Stupid Mouth"- John Mayer
"Live High"- Jason Mraz
"Buttons"- Sia
"Atlantic"- Keane
"Glory Days"- Just Jack

Remember when i said i haven't been happier in months...
LIES!
I have definitely been happier. I probably blocked out all the arguments that go on around me (to which I am the constant because naturally... I'm the devil child) and pretty much said "eff it, i'm gonna have a party."
I forget that being unsatisfied with our lives is human nature. We will always want more out of our lives. To prevent realizing that we won't get what we want, we lie to ourselves. I lie to myself on a daily basis- it is how i keep my sanity. Like after being woken up at 8:30 every morning I say "hey don't worry, there will be an awesome breakfast awaiting you, so just do it." I know full well the only breakfast i will be getting is the one i make for everyone... but i lie to myself just to get up. Or when i see a picture of Fernando Torres and his lady love, I say "oh it doesn't matter if he has been with her since he was 8, this is a phase. All phases come to an end... eventually." Or "I don't need math... what's the point of doing it? When am I ever gonna apply calculus to my life?" LIES!!! I know damn well I will need those cal classes. Most recently, I said to myself, "Chelsea will definitely get over her love of the Jonai (thanks to Perez for that). Her love for little boys will go away." I know it will only get worse once those kids are legal.

I was listening to Keane (Nothing in My Way).
"Why do you lie, when I know that you hurt inside."
For amazing writers and artists, they sure ask very simple questions. But then again, the simplest of questions are the ones hardest to answer.
People lie to avoid reality... at least, I lie to avoid reality. Now this is solely when i'm lying to myself. I rarely lie to others, when I do, it is to spare their feelings. I get that Scrubs moment (you know the one where JD imagines shit) and see how shitty their day will be if I tell them the truth. I'd rather not be a part of that equation.
That being said, if you ask me whether that outfit makes you look fat, I will tell you the truth. I never mess with people's outward images. If that combination is hideous and you ask me what i think, then by golly I will let you know. I might hesitate to tell you the truth, but it will come out.

So I look in the mirror and tell myself that I am happy, do a couple of fake smile exercises, and eventually I start feeling a little more cheery. At this point, I really don't care if it's pseudo happiness- I take what i can get.

Man of the Day: Cristiano Ronaldo helped Portugal beat Czech Republic 3-1 with one goal and two assists in brilliant style. You might be thinking, "but K, i thought you hated C. Ronaldo." I never deny credit where it is due. He is the best in the world even though he spent half the game on the ground going "ref! ref!" Besides, I am currently a Portugal fan ergo, I can give props to the man.
Also, credit to Milan Baroš of the Czech Republic.

Man of the Day (Yesterday): David Villa's hat-trick and assist, creating Spain's fourth goal by Fabregas, was nothing short of class. I have said before that Villa is the best match for Torres and if Rafa was pondering whether or not he should make a bid for Villa, i think this pretty much showed how powerful Torres y Villa can be together. But then again, what team in their right mind would let go of that talent?
Photo Credit: from www.typicallyspanish.com

2 comments:

Kristian Steffany said...

I very much laughed out loud when I got to the part about Chelsea. Ha ha, and yeah, it's definitely not a phase, doll. It has definite staying power.

It's funny, I had a blog about self-deceit a few days ago too! Only you went about expanding it much more beautifully than I did. My post was more of a memo to self than anything else.

But you speak truth well.

K- Farah said...

Thank you, thank you.

Sadly it is not a phase... but who knows, maybe it will change?

... there I go lying to myself again.