Thursday, June 19, 2008

The art of douchery

[The following is an example of caffeine induced mindless jabber... read at your peril]

I have been reflecting recently on the difference between being a douche and just being truthful. It is true that many people confuse the two. It is also true that many use both as an excuse to deny reality. For example, a douche might say he is being truthful. On the other hand, one who hears truth will brush it off as an example of douchery.

I'd like to think I tell the truth (big bro might disagree) when I'm engaging in various acts of douchery.
For example, "heckling" the rangers at a home game vs the braves. Some might find that me displaying my lack of affection for the sorry team is an act of douchery... especially since it was a sisterhood event. However, I was only telling the truth. You see, I couldn't give a damn about baseball. I was told that it would be a much better experience watching it at the stadium vs watching it on the telly. First, I don't even watch it on the tube let alone buy a ticket to a game. Secondly, if I did happen to partake in Amurrica's pass-time, I think I would take into consideration my utter disdain for Tom Hicks in choosing a team. But, anything for my sisters right? This being said, we did have good seats and the adorable child in the row infront of us was nothing short of adorable... even though he did drop his pacifier on the ground and we tried to get him not to put it back in his mouth. I guess yelling "NOOOOO!" isn't very effective.

I believe that there is a pretty thick line between being a douche and telling the truth. There is a small population of the world that tells the truth without being a douche... meaning most of the world (including me) either stands on the line or lives on the other side.

[yes this was totally meaningless... shoot me.]

No comments: