Sunday, August 10, 2008

Holy Mother of Olympics

Did you catch that 4x100 freestyle relay?
Oh come on... the one where ze French CHOKED on their words?
The one where Jason Lezak swam a 46.0 anchor leg... aka the FASTEST split in HISTORY!
The one where the US team SHATTERED the world record?
Or maybe this rings a bell...

Michael Phelps celebrates the win in hulk-like fashion

Oh yessir I'm damn proud to be American. Hail to the red white and blue and all that. Speaking of red white and blue... how about them Frenchies? What happened to "we will smash them" Alain Bernard?
Also, I would like to point out Cullen Jones, who is the first African American to hold/share a world record in swimming and is the second African American to make the US swim team. There goes that "black people don't swim" stereotype. Sadly, these events are all about Michael Phelps so you won't get the glory you deserve. Either way, you make us (black folk) proud!

Let me halt my celebrations because for a second there I thought the French had it. I thought Lezak couldn't possibly put it away that late in the game. That was until dude came in on the kill like a bloody shark chasing down a sea lion. Have you seen anything so amazing? This could beat the excitement of the Spain winning the Euro cup (yes I said it!).
Enjoy your silver Bernard, it would have tasted sweeter if you didn't talk so much trash.

Oh and just in case you live in a hole and don't know what is going on with Michael Phelps, this is his second gold in these Olympic games. He has six more individual events to go in his quest for eight gold medals.

PS: Why doesn't he have an awesome nickname? Seriously, my blog is lacking without the flare of an awesome nickname for Phelps. If Ian Thorpe(
"The Thorpedo") and Pieter van den Hoogenband ("The Flying Dutchman") have pretty cool nicknames, why doesn't Phelps. Since I am on the subject of Thorpe, I must mention that he thinks it is "impossible" for Phelps to win eight gold medals in the Beijing Olympics. Will he eat his words as Bernard did? I really like Thorpe... I wouldn't want to loose respect for him. Then again, I want to see if it is possible.

No comments: