Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vamos España!!

Let me be the first to congratulate myself... my predictions are coming true.
1. Spain
2. Portugal
3. Netherlands
4. Germany

Those were my picks this year, and during the world cup in 06. I have been pretty faithful to Spain, even though they usually disappoint in the big stage. Either way i have always had them as my #1... by always, i mean ever since i started caring enough to pick teams.
So far Spain has crushed Russia 4-1, Portugal beat Turkey 2-0, Netherlands upset the Italians 3-0, and Germany delivered another win against Poland 2-0.

My brother made a lovely comment suggesting that I supported Spain only because Fernando Torres played for them... Fernando Torres doesn't play for Portugal and I watch their matches. He doesn't play for Netherlands or Germany either. As far as I'm concerned, it is 11-a-side, not a team of one.

Why do i have 4 teams? Well in the unfortunate chance that one of my teams gets knocked out, i have to have my back ups. I can't be a die hard fan of any one national team... the only team i would ever feel that strongly about is Kenya. Seeing as how they are currently 115th in the world, I won't see my flag flying on any big stage any time soon.

1 comment:

Kristian Steffany said...

Ha ha, our picks for the Euro cup are eerily similar, with some slight differences.

My picks:

-Portugal
-Spain
-Germany
-France

Let's see how things pan out. I'm pretty excited. :)