Thursday, June 12, 2008

No Tomfoolery Today

Soundtrack of the Day:
"Shit Luck"- Modest Mouse
"Wouldn't it be Nice"- The Beach Boys
"Supermassive Black Hole"- Muse
"Helicopter"- Bloc Party
"Idlewild Blue"- Outkast
"Show Me"- John Legend

Today, the world said, "let's make Khadija think she will have a good day and crush her hopes."
Ok so it wasn't that bad, but I had my share of mishaps today. Got up to make tea as usual and as I start pouring the milk, I lose balance and spill some of the milk on the ground. No big deal, I can clean that ho up. The tea was too hot for me to drink so as I go to cool it, I somehow stop paying attention for a second and there goes my tea all over the counter. Meh... no problem, there is more tea.
I go out and buy salmon... only to come home and find that the salmon has an odd odor to it, leading me to believe that the fishmonger wasn't truthful about it being fresh. I cook the fish anyway, and everything seems to be going well. Then another accident, in the form of a burn, occurs. Not the end of the world- my skin will regenerate after all.


Le burn

The fish ends up tasting like shit. Now I'll have you know that my fish is usually on point, perfectly seasoned and cooked. But nooooo because the fish was shitty in the first place, it ends up poisoning the entire dish! No amount of lemon can drown the taste. I try to explain to the family what happened, in an effort to keep them from eating the filthy beast, but they eat it anyway (savages!). I would rather not take the risk...
So in the end, I decide that I'd rather have a subway sandwich...

On a more positive note, Adidas sells Kenya shoes... so to match with my jacket, I will order these beauties. God truly blessed the world with Adolf (Adidas) and Rudy (Puma) Dassler.


Man of the Day: Shia LaBeouf who turned 22 yesterday... so does that make him man of yesterday? Whatever whatever, I do what I want!

Sports Update: I didn't watch much football today... I know GASP. Germany lost to Croatia and Austria and Poland drew.

CELTICS beat LAKERS yet again... boy was I right when I said the magic died in L.A a long time ago.

3 comments:

Kristian Steffany said...

ew burn
fishy fish
kick ass shoes
predictable bball outcome

Anonymous said...

oh man miskeen
hope your hand feels better. I love the shoes, very naiicee.

K- Farah said...

haha K you are too funny.

and I'm guessing the anonymous is Jameela, judging from the "miskeen." I usually only get that from you and my mother.