Saturday, June 14, 2008

Why all the hatred?

I have never been a big fan of my brother, Ali- everyone knows this by now. I have "the good brother" and "the brother I am forced to acknowledge."
As I am watching Spain vs Sweden, he says "whatever, you know nothing about soccer anyway."

Now if you know me, you realize that you can call me whatever you want, but I have a problem when my intelligence is insulted. Why is it so important to me? Well it is the one of the only things I can actually call mine. Nothing I have actually belongs to me, I have never paid for anything with money I worked for. My body doesn't belong to me, because in the end, it goes back to God. The only thing I have is my name and my intelligence.

It is very understandable when someone says, "you know nothing about neurosurgery," or something I actually have NO idea about. But don't mess with the shit I know! You can call me out on sports I don't actually care about... like curling, or bobsledding, football, or basketball even. Who gives you the right to question how much I know about soccer huh? What cuz you are a guy, you automatically know more than me when it comes to the sport? What cuz you have been paying attention to it way longer than I have... you realize you are 6 years older than me right? Need i remind you that you were never a Liverpool fan anyway. You spent most of your childhood rooting for Man U. Posters lined your closet of Beckham and Paul Scholes. What you think i forgot that. "They never showed liverpool games." Please! It is cuz Liverpool SUCKED back then and you know it! You went for the team that guaranteed you a win. So don't give me that bullshit. Where is your "loyalty", you closet Man U fan. Oh but don't forget about your man crush on Figo. You LOVED Real Madrid! You only started going for Liverpool when you were about 19 isn't that right? You were in Uni by then and clearly older than I am now.

And how dare you insinuate that I chose Spain because Fernando Torres plays for them. Don't hate cuz your beloved England got kicked out by a bunch of Croatians. Couldn't even get the deed done. "You mad? You hatin nigga? Well it's hard not to nigga!" Yes I just quoted Thugnificent.

So you see why it annoys me when he says "you don't know anything about soccer" or, "you don't even know swahili." I know my swa isn't the best, but dammit don't tell me I don't know it.

Sorry I had to get a little ignorant there with my use of "nigga" but anger brings out the worst in me. I will analyze the word in a later post.

2 comments:

Isir said...

Damnnnnn girl! Thats wat am talkin about.....defend ur intelligence with all u got lol.This is awesome.... I know u would make a great journalist, so keep up the good work, and dont let any1 discourage u ! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DJJJJJJJJ!

K- Farah said...

aww thanks isir!
you always know just what to say!