Sunday, July 6, 2008

As if I needed another reason


...to love Spain even more. That is one lucky country: Euro Cup last week and now Rafa has won Wimbledon. WHAT IS THIS!!!
Anyway, that match was EPIC. Every minute, minus the rain delay, was nothing short of amazing. I only wish I could have heard him speak more Spanish in his interviews because the man was clearly struggling. I could tell he just wanted to burst out in his native tongue to express his emotion but he was confined to the Germanic prison of the English language.
"It is a dream to play on this court, but to win I never imagined something like this- so very happy. Thank you very much everybody."
Now imagine how beautiful that would have sounded en Español. I would have gladly "freetranslation.com-ed" that ho. I am seriously considering changing my focus from French to Spanish. I have always been good at the accent and thanks to Shakira y Alejandro Sanz, can sing along very well to various songs lol.
These are things I have to ponder. As of now, my Spanish playlist is on heavy rotation and I am doing everything within the scope of my imagination to make it seem like I am not in Tejas. Although it helps that this place was formerly Spanish ground.

Viva España!

No comments: