Sunday, July 20, 2008

If love is a drug, I guess we're all sober.

I must admit, I'm not the best advocate of love out there- I usually scoff at various signs of affection and generally don't surround myself with people who "bleed rainbows and sunshine" as someone so eloquently put it. But I have just realized how much I value the small percentage of people I know who do find joy in things other than people's misery.
I was listening to Nerina Pallot's "Everybody's gone to war" (aka my pseudo anthem for the past 3 years) and I thought to myself, do I have to be so damn cynical about life, love, and happiness in general? I would love to answer yes in a heartbeat but a part of my is wondering what it is like to think everything is a skittles commercial. Then again, I have spent most of my life being the sarcastic love-hater and don't really want to let go of that so easily.

A significant amount of my day is spent on YouTube (don't start judging because I know you definitely have spent more than one hour on there on occasion) but I never really found the need to read the comments until recently. So between my daily intake of Justin Nozuka, I found time for my other O. Lover Jason Mraz and for the first time, I know what some of my friends feel like when I hate on the Jonai . On one of the Geek in the Pink's videos, a lovely comment was made that made me go "WTF! But he is amazing!"
"What's that pretentious, whiny sound I'm hearing...sounds like a woman with a stomach injury...oh it's Jason Mraz...
go ahead you granola-munching, avocado-raising psuedo jamaican peace farmers - throw a fit..."
Now you must imagine my confusion because I have no idea what is wrong with being a "granola-munching, avocado-raising, pseudo jamaican peace farmer." Hell, I would love to be one... or be with one lol. I spent a good 5 minutes reading this comment over and over again, thinking... 'this is exactly what I say about the Jonai, except for the whole "granola-munching, avocado-raising, pseudo Jamaican peace farmer" thing' (because we all know they are not cool enough to pull that off in their tight pants). To my defense,
I have given them props for writing their stuff and for their style on occasion, I only make fun of my friends' love for little boys. Anyway, for someone who loves Mr. Wordplay so much, I should be able to "live high, live mighty." So this is to my two biggest Jonas-loving friends, I have decided to refrain from my Jonas bashing so you don't have to go through what I did when reading that comment (yes it was that bad... I still don't understand it. He made Curbside Prophet!!! Jamon!). You still need help though... how about liking grandpa-Jonas (KJ) instead of baby-Jonas (NJ)?

No?

Ok...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU. thanks so much u understand...kinda. love youtube. sry bout the heartbreak, great message on this one. must tell u what ive done recently. got a voicemail. made a myspace just so they cann message me. youtubed them nonsensly to the point of re runs. dvred fnMTV. ok imma stop now.

chelsea said...

oh, dija face!! you do not know how elated this makes me! but you were never too verbally abusive about my boys, so i was never distraught haha. but i'm glad you read that jmraz comment! puts things in perspective, huh?
they were on fnmtv and they were TOO CUTE.
and you know how i feel about the uggo, dija!! he's fuggg! but i am warming up to that oldie, as he is pretty funny sometimes. but he's so UGLY. we'll work on it :)
love you!

Kristian Steffany said...

I don't know how anyone could ever hate on Jason Mraz. Curbside genius.

Gosh.

and I think your bashing was mostly on the fact that Nick is jailbait and Chelsea would go to jail for said bait.

well mostly.

by the way, my "word verification" is ndddrmz.

which reminds me of mr. a-z.
he has infiltrated.